I really hate to jump on the complain train, but winter is a hard slog. Or at least it can be, not only for your mind, but also your body. We binge, we indulge, we crave stodgy comfort foods to warm us up and get us through the January blues. Before we succumb to the depths of despair however, I’m happy to share a quick and easy little recipe that can double up as a breakfast or midday snack, and is both warming, seemingly indulgent but gloriously healthy all rolled into one. It’s a cosy, colourful and nutritious little number that takes inspiration from sunnier climates, a Moroccan inspired dish that is bursting with sunshine in all of its warming spiced glory. I am more than confident that this recipe will restore you with, if not the joys of Christmas, at least the promise of Spring. Enjoy!
Cinnamon spiced chia pots with fig and pistachio crumb (vegan)
- 2 x cups of almond milk
- ½ cup of chia seeds (black or white chia work equally well)
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 x tsp coconut sugar (honey or agave nectar will work well also)
- 2 x ripe figs
- Small handful of pistachios, roughly chopped
- Pinch of edible dried rose petals (available in the baking section of supermarkets)
- Honey to drizzle (optional)
- Gently heat the almond milk over a low heat in a small saucepan, being careful not to boil
- Add the chia seeds, vanilla extract and cinnamon and stir for 3-5 minutes until thickened
- Add coconut sugar or alternative sweeteners to taste
- Pour into medium glass and allow to cool slightly
- Chop the jammy figs into rough chunks and scatter over each pudding with the pistachios and edible rose petals
- Drizzle a small amount of honey over the top for shine and extra sweetness
Drawing on my experience as an events professional and my personal passions in creating memorable dining experiences for family and friends, Chapel Lane was born. Chapel Lane represents an imagined destination where like-minded creatives come together to collaborate, create and celebrate. I handcraft foodie experiences to honour those moments in life that call for special attention. Whether it be a dinner party at home, a wedding or a product launch, I take a very tailored approach and offer bespoke experiences to suit every brand or individual.
I also hold regular workshops covering home entertaining tips in various locations around Surrey and London, as well as filming for my YouTube channel “Chapel Lane & Friends”, which covers various topics on how to style and deliver wonderful experiences for friends. I hope to provide insight into the thousand small gestures that collectively make an occasion a special one so you too can spoil your loved ones in the comfort of your own home.
YOUTUBE: Chapel Lane & Friends