This is my go-to salad at the moment, as it only takes 5 minutes to prepare and is really filling and delicious.
It’s full of vibrant ingredients which make for a really beautiful plate, which for me is always happy making! The soft baby leafs, with cubes of creamy avocado, grated carrot and a burst of sweetness from the pomegranate is a yummy combination on it’s own, but it’s the dressing that really makes this salad amazing. The dressing is made from orange juice, brown rice miso, apple cider vinegar and tahini. This fusion of sweet and salty makes for a showstopper of a dressing. It’s really rich and creamy, and takes this salad to a whole new level.
INGREDIENTS - SERVE 1
- 5 handfuls of baby leaf salad
- 1 avocado
- 1 carrot
- 1/4 cup pomegranate seeds
- 4 tbsp fresh Orange juice (squeezed from an orange!)
- 1 tsp brown rice miso
- 1 tsp apple cider vinegar
- 1 tbsp tahini
- 1 tbsp water the true power of superfoods.
1. Start by making the dressing. Combine all ingredients in a bowl and stir quickly for a minute until smooth.
2. Grate the carrot and de-stone and slice the avocado flesh.
3. Place the salad leaves in a bowl with the avocado cubes, grated carrot, pomegranate seeds and toss well so all the leaves are covered.
Garnish with a sprinkle more pomegranate seeds.