SERVES: 2 adults and 2 children
PREP TIME: 15 mins
COOK TIME: 55 mins
STORAGE: Refrigerate for up to 3 days
- Butter, for greasing
- 350g/12oz red potatoes unpeeled and diced
- 2 tsp extra virgin olive oil
- 1 onion, chopped
- 5 eggs, beaten
- 120g/41⁄4oz frozen spinach chopped
- 175g/6oz feta cheese diced
- 55g/2oz/1⁄2 cup pitted Kalamata olives, cut into rings
- Tabasco sauce (optional), to serve
- Preheat the oven to 200°C/400°F/Gas 6 and generously grease a large pie plate or round baking dish with butter. Bring a large saucepan of water to the boil and cook the potatoes for 10 minutes until soft. Remove from the heat, drain and leave to cool.
- Heat the oil in a medium frying pan over a medium heat. Add the onion and cook for 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until brown. Stir in the potatoes, eggs, spinach, feta and olives and mix well, then pour the mixture into the prepared baking dish. Bake for 25–30 minutes until the egg is just cooked. Meanwhile, preheat the grill to medium.
- Transfer the baking dish to the top shelf under the grill and grill for 3 minutes until the cheese is lightly browned. Serve hot with the Tabasco sauce, if using.