Chill time: 30 minutes
Cook time: 15 minutes
- 2 skinless chicken breasts, cut into cubes
- 250ml coconut milk
- 115g coconut flour
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- ½ tsp tumeric powder
- ½ tsp ground coriander
- 75g desiccated coconut
- A pinch of salt
- 1 tbsp coconut oil, melted
- 4 large lettuce leaves from an iceberg or cos lettuce, to serve
- 1 avocado, peeled, stoned and cut into small cubes
- 1 mango, peeled, stoned and cut into small cubes
- 15g fresh coriander, torn
- 1 red onion, peeled and finely diced
- 1 red chilli, finely diced
- 2 tbsp coconut aminos
1. Put the chicken cubes in a bowl with the coconut milk and refrigerate for 30 minutes.
2. Meanwhile, make the mango salsa. Mix the avocado, mango, coriander, onion and chilli together in a bowl and pour over the coconut aminos.
3. Refrigerate until needed.
4. Preheat the oven to 180°C/350°F/Gas mark 4.
5. Put the flour and spices in a bowl and put the desiccated coconut on a plate.
6. Take a chicken cube, roll it in the spiced flour, then roll it in the desiccated coconut until it is well coated, then put it on a baking tray. Repeat with the remaining chicken cubes.
7. Pour the melted coconut oil over the chicken and bake in the oven for 15 minutes, or until the chicken is cooked through, golden brown and crispy.
To serve, put a spoonful of the mango salsa into each lettuce leaf, add a few chicken nuggets, fold in the sides of the lettuce to enclose it and eat like a sandwich.
Recipe taken from Eat. Nourish. Glow, buy it here. by Amelia Freer (HarperThorsons) photography Ali Allen.
More information on our events here