The Buying decision you make are simple but powerful form of direct action and small changes really can make a big difference. Swapping to organic food has huge benefits for people, animal welfare and the environment.
We’ve come up with 30 simple and affordable small organic changes you can make throughout the month. To help you on your way, we’ll be sharing a whole host of special offers and exclusive discounts from some of the biggest organic brands and we’ve also teamed up with some of the UK’s best chefs to inspire you with ideas of what you can make using your fresh, seasonal organic produce.
Here are 5 small changes to get you started. Check back soon for more!
Switch to organic milk
Organic milk is naturally different - no system of farming has milk with higher levels of omega 3 fatty acids or higher standards of animal welfare.
Eat less, but better, organic meat
Organic animals enjoy the very highest welfare standards of any farmed animals. They are fed a GM free diet and graze on organic pasture where pesticides are severely restricted.
Switch to organic beauty
There are currently no legal standards for organic beauty so some products may be labelled 'organic' even if it doesn't always stand true. Look for the Soil Association symbol to make sure that what you put on your body is as important as what goes in it.
Sign up for an organic veg box
Organic farms support 50% more wildlife than non-organic farms, so you're not just treating yourself to the best of British produce, you're also helping to protect bees, birds and butterflies.
Brew an organic tea or coffee
Organic tea and coffee is grown without the use of artificial pesticides and fertilisers. This not only reduces the farmers' exposure, it also means healthier soils and more habitats for birds and wildlife.
How can I get involved?
There are lots of ways you can get involved in Organic September:
- Take advantage of our exclusive offers promotions and get your favourite organic products for even less.
- Visit your local farm shop, independent retailer or supermarket and stock up on organic.
- Find out more about the event with the Soil Association
- Tell us what your small changes are for a chance to win some amazing organic prizes including a Sawday’s organic holiday!
- Share your organic tips, recipes and photos with us on social media using the hashtag #OrganicSeptember