Roasting the walnuts is optional, but if you have the time, it truly takes this smoothie to the next level. Maple and walnut ice cream has nothing on this!
Serves 1 | 15 Minute Prep Time
- 375 mL unsweetened almond drink
- 35 g walnuts lightly roasted (save 1 Tbsp for garnish if desired!)
- 1 banana
- 1 handful ice cubes
- 1 to 2 Tbsp maple syrup (depending on the ripeness of your banana)
- 1 serving (34 g) Vanilla Vega® Essentials
1. Preheat your oven to 180° C/ 160° C fan/gas 4 and spread the walnuts out onto a small baking tray. Roast the walnuts for 5 to 10 minutes, until just fragrant. No need to wait for them to brown.
2. Once you can smell them, remove from the oven and let them cool slightly.
3. Place all the ingredients in a blender and blend until smooth.
4. Pour into a tall glass and enjoy! If you really feel like treating yourself, roughly chop the one tablespoon of reserved walnuts and sprinkle on top with a pinch of cinnamon.
For more delicious recipes by Vega® make sure to follow them on Instagram, Twitter and Facebook!