— serves 1
A lovely, sophisticated drink, this lavender lemonade was inspired by my Californian bestie. enjoy living a socialite life vicariously through her. When she tells me about the posh drinks she wishes were healthier, I’m already in my kitchen making them.
- 2 tbsp lavender flower buds
- 250ml (8.fl oz) hot water
- 45ml (1.fl oz) vodka
- juice of 1 lemon
- 5 drops liquid stevia or 3 tbsp honey
- 2 drops vanilla extract
- ice cube
- sparkling water
- lavender sprig, to garnish
1. Stir the lavender in the hot water and leave to cool, then strain.
2. Pour 125ml (4fl oz) of the liquid into a large champagne flute, add vodka, lemon juice, sweetener and vanilla and stir together.
3. Add the ice cube and stir a little more until the drink is chilled.
4. Top with sparkling water and garnish with a sprig of lavender
— 1 drink
A classic Margarita is quite citrusy, and the great thing about that is the zingy flavour can be paired with your favourite fruit. My chosen blend is with mango, and once you taste this drink, it may just become your favourite, too.
- ¼ ripe mango, chopped, plus extra, cut
- into small cubes, to garnish
- handful of ice cubes, crushed
- 70ml (2 ½ fl oz) tequila/mescal
- 80ml (3fl oz) orange juice
- juice of ½ lime
- 2 tbsp agave nectar
- 1 tbsp baobab powder
1. Muddle the chopped mango and ice in a shaker.
2. Add the remaining ingredients, except the garnish, and shake hard.
3. Strain into a lowball glass. Garnish with mango cubes.
Frozen Acai Daiquiri
— serves 5
This drink is like a delicious slushy! It is so easy to garnish it and make it look beautiful. It's a must-have in the summer or the ideal palate cleanser at any time of year
- 40g (1 ½ oz) coconut palm sugar
- 125ml (4fl oz) hot water
- 250ml (8 ½ fl oz) light rum
- 400g (14oz) strawberries, hulled and frozen
- 125ml (4fl oz) lime juice
- 1 tbsp acai powder
- 2 handfuls of ice
- fresh berries, lime wheels or edible
- flowers, to garnish
1. Dissolve the coconut palm sugar in the hot water to create a syrup. Leave to cool.
2.Put 150ml (¼ pint) of the syrup, along with the other ingredients, except the ice and
garnish, into a blender and blend on a high setting until smooth.
3. Add the ice and blend for a few seconds more.
4. Pour into chilled martini glasses, garnish and serve immediately