Sweet ‘n’ Salty Almond Chocolate Tart
Wednesday, 14th February 2018
For the base
1 bag (160g) Rhythm108 Double Choco-Hazelnut Tea Biscuits
2 tablespoons Almond Butter
Pinch of salt
For the filling
2 x 350g packs of silken tofu
200g refined sugar free dark chocolate
4 teaspoons cacao powder
1 vanilla pod
4 tablespoons pure maple syrup
1 teaspoon salt
For the toppings
1 tablespoon toasted flaked almonds
2 Rhythm108 Sweet ‘n’ Salty Chocolate Bars
1. In a blender, blitz together the Tea Biscuits with the almond butter until the mixture starts to hold together.
2. Press the biscuit mixture into a pie or quiche tin that has a loose base. Using this type of tin will make it a lot easier to remove the pie before serving. Pop the base into the freezer to set while you make the filling.
3. Melt the chocolate in the microwave until silky and smooth and allow to cool slightly. Blend the melted chocolate together with all the remaining ingredients for the filling until thoroughly combined. You may need to scrape down the sides of the blender a few times as you go.
4. Remove the tart crust from the freezer and spoon the filling into the tin, smoothing as you go until you have a nice even chocolatey layer. Freeze for at least an hour, or until ready to serve.
5. Remove the tart from the freezer and allow to defrost slightly before topping with the flaked almonds and crumbled Sweet ‘n’ Salty Chocolate Bars. Remove from the tin and cut into slices – as big as you like! Enjoy as it is, or serve with berries for a bit of added sweetness.
Recipe brought to us by Rhythm108
Written By Guest