Team Leader, Food to Go
Team Leader, Food to Go
Pay: £7.75-£8.50 per hour
Benefits include: 28 days’ holiday, 25% discount on all products, company contributions to the pension scheme, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and store incentives.
We are looking for a Team Leader to join our Food to Go department. The successful candidate will have a warm, friendly and outgoing personality in order to welcome and engage with our customers. Customer service is extremely important to Planet Organic and you should have a love of working in a customer environment.
Previous experience working in a fast-paced food environment would be an advantage. This is a challenging role and would suit someone who is able to work under pressure.
The main objectives of a Food to Go Team Leader are to:
- Know and demonstrate by example Planet Organic’s customer service standards
- Lead and coach the team on their ability to effectively deliver to Company standards
- Ensure the department ordering is completed; monitor and minimise wastage
- Encourage and motivate the team to maximise sales
- Ensure that high standards (Food safety/ Health and Hygiene) are maintained in the department at all times
- Manage the team to ensure the smooth running of the department
- Organise rotas efficiently for the department using appropriate IT systems
- Ensure the team operates equipment correctly and safely
- Ensure that all HACCP and Health and Safety procedures are adhered to and properly recorded
Your responsibilities will include:
- Coffee/ juice making
- Serving on our Food to Go counter
- Advising customers on our products and sharing your product knowledge
- Using a till and following cash handling procedures
- Understanding food hygiene and applying it to daily tasks
Planet Organic was established in 1995 and we currently have 6 stores in London with 250 employees. We sell only the freshest, healthiest and most delicious organic/natural food that customers can find, as well as the finest organic skincare, books, juices and take away food.
Each item in every store has been hand-picked and carefully chosen. We think long and hard about what’s in our products, how they've been grown and how far they travel so that our customers don’t have to. It’s not just about hard work: we love what we do.
We work to our five values which are:
- We promote healthy living in the community
- We provide organic and natural food that you can trust
- We create a shopping experience that’s fun, educational and rewarding
- We conduct our business in a fair, honest and responsible way
- We respect our employees, customers and suppliers
Part of our recruitment criteria is that candidates apply with a CV and a covering letter detailing:
- Why you would like to join Planet Organic
- What interests you about this position
- How your skills and service personality make you suitable for the role
Please send your covering letter and CV to email@example.com for the attention of Michelle Atayan, HR Manager. Due to the volume of applications we receive we are only able to respond to people that are shortlisted.