For this recipe we have used coconut flour as we love the subtle sweet texture but feel free to substitute it with ground almond. The same goes for the almond butter, any nut butter of your choice will still work perfectly.
- 1 cup of coconut flour (you can sub it for ground almond)
- ½ cup of oat flour
- ¼ cup of almond butter
- ¼ cup of melted coconut oil
- ½ cup of coconut sugar
- 2 tablespoons of One Earth Vanilla Zilla
- 1 teaspoon of baking powder
- 2 tablespoons of almond milk
- ½ cup of runny almond butter (peanut butter will work as well)
- 3 tablespoons of agave nectar
- 3 tablespoons of raw cacao
- A splash of vanilla extract
1. Start by preheating the oven at 180 degrees.
2. To make the oat flour simply place some oats into a blender and blend until they reach a flour consistency.
3. In a bowl mix the oat flour, coconut flour, Vanilla Zilla and baking powder. In a separate bowl whisk together the coconut oil, almond milk, coconut sugar and almond butter. Stir well until you have a lump free mixture.
4. Pour the wet mixture into the bowl with the flour and mix everything together first with a spoon and then when the mixture become a dough use your hands. At this point you should have a quite firm cookie dough ball.
5. Cover you’re your surface with some parchment paper. With a rolling pin stretch out the dough onto the surface and cut out the cookies with a cookie cutter of your choice.
6.Repeat the process until you have used all the cookies dough. You should have about 12-15 cookies.
7. Place the cookies on a baking tray lined with parchment paper. Bake the oven for 15-20 minutes or until the edges start to go golden brown. Don’t overbake them as they will go too dry.
8. While the cookies are baking make the filling: in a bowl simply mix the almond butter, agave nectar, raw cacao powder and the splash of vanilla extract. Whisk everything well together until you have a creamy mixture.
9. Remove the cookies from the oven and let them cool down completely (very important otherwise the filling will melt) Once cold spread about 1 heaped teaspoon of the filling onto one cookie and cover it with another to make a sandwich.
Enjoy the cookies straight away! Or store them into an airtight container for few days.