- 1kg mixed winter vegetables, such as carrots, parsnips, fennel, pumpkin, squash, rutabaga, celeriac, turnips, swedes, small onions and small beetroots
- 400g small Maris Piper potatoes
- 4 tablespoons olive oil
- A bunch of woody herbs, such as thyme and rosemary
- Sea salt and freshly ground
- black pepper
For the cashew sauce
- 150g unsalted raw cashew nuts, soaked overnight
- 1 garlic clove
- 2 tbsp lemon juice
- 3 tbsp Nutritional Yeast
- Pink Himalayan salt and freshly ground pepper
1. Preheat the oven to 220ÅãC/gas 7.
2. Trim, peel and cut up the vegetables coarsely but keep the smaller vegetables, including the potatoes, whole and the beetroots unpeeled.
3. Mix all the vegetables in a bowl, pour over the oil and about 11/2 teaspoons of salt, and mix thoroughly until all are lightly glistening with oil and salt.
4. Tip the vegetables into a baking tray and lay the herbs on top. Roast for about 30 minutes.
5. To make the dipping sauce, blend all the all the ingredients together until smooth. Season to taste.
Remove the herbs before serving, with the sauce on the side.