- 2 carrots & 2 parsnips, peeled & cut into 2cm chunks
- 1 large onion, peeled and cut into large chunks
- 1 large cinnamon stick, broken into 2 pieces
- 4 star anise
- 3 bay leaves
- 5 tbsp olive oil
- 1 ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp turmeric
- ½ tsp paprika
- ½ tsp chilli flakes
- 300g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2 cm chunks
- 100g dried apricots, roughly chopped
- 200 g chickpeas (cooked)
- 350ml water or chickpea liquor
- 170g quinoa
- 350ml vegetable stock or chickpea liquor
1. Preheat the oven to 190C. Put carrots, parsnips & onion into a big oven dish. Add cinnamon, star anise, bay leaves, 4 tbsp oil, half a tsp of salt, all the spices and mix.
2. Roast for 15 mins, then add sweet potato, stir and roast for 35 mins more, by which time the veg should have softened but retained its bite.
3. Add the apricots, chickpeas and stock/ liquor, return to oven for 10 mins.
4. Around 15 mins before the vegetables are ready, prepare the quinoa. Use 1 part quinoa to 2 parts boiling water, simmer in a covered pan on the hob until all the water is absorbed (about 10 mins), rest for 5 mins with the lid on the pan.
5. Adjust seasoning in the stew, spoon on top of the quinoa & serve.
It's you turn! Send us pictures of your stew @planetorganicuk @unpackaged #PLANETREFILL