- 200g raw pecans
- 250g medjool dates
- 200g soaked cashews (6-8 hours)
- 100g creamed coconut
- 200ml coconut milk
- 3tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp vanilla extract
- Pinch of salt
- 250g frozen berries
- 250g Planet Organic Super Berry Paleo Granola
1. Grease an 8’’ tin with coconut oil.
2. Pulse the pecans in a food processor (just until they are broken down into small chunks).
3. Add in the dates and blend until a sticky dough forms. Press the dough into the base of the tin and set aside in the freezer whilst you make the filling.
4. Place the cashews in the food processor and blend until broken down.
5. Add in the creamed coconut, coconut milk, maple syrup, vanilla and salt. Blend until the mixture is smooth and creamy.
6. Take half the mixture out and pour it onto the base, allow this layer to set for at least an hour and a half in the freezer.
7. Pour the berries into the remainder of the mix and blend until smooth.
8. After an hour and a half smooth this layer over the first and then pour on the Planet Organic Super Berry Paleo Granola to cover the entire cheesecake. Return to the freezer for 6-8 hours.
9. Slice up and enjoy!
Bio: My name is Jenna Hope. After completing my undergraduate degree in Nutrition and Exercise I went on to do a masters in Human Nutrition. I gave up refined sugar 6 years ago and after seeing the effects on my physical and mental health I became fascinated by the way food impacts the body and the mind. I feel it is really important to eat well and exercise regularly. I love food and thoroughly enjoy experimenting with recipes! Feel free to follow me on Instagram @jennahopenutrition and keep up to date with my blog www.primalhopeuk.wordpress.com