Fable & Co Vegan Skewers
Dreaming of a veganuary with a difference? Exclusively available at Planet Organic and seen on Netflix, Fable's mushrooms are meaty and umami, leveraging the nutritious benefits and natural flavours of mushrooms that help make meat so appealing. Naturally high in fibre, vitamin D, a source of protein and low in sugar, Fable's mushroom meat is quite simply delicious.
Wondering how to cook it? Why not try this exclusive recipe from Fable for delicious vegan skewers.
Prep time: 5 minutes
Cook time: 10 minutes
For the marinade:
½ cup coconut yoghurt or vegan thickened cream
1 tsp cumin
1 tsp onion powder
1 tsp garlic powder
½ tsp paprika
1 tbsp tomato paste
1 tbsp olive oil
Hummus of choice
1 lemon, sliced into wedges
1. Thread Fable chunks onto skewer leaving 2-3cm free at the bottom
2. Whisk marinade ingredients together and coat Fable skewers using a basting brush
3. Lightly brush sliced lemon wedges with oil then grill in a frying pan over high heat. Set aside then lower heat to medium-high and fry Fable skewers evenly on all sides until slightly charred (about 10 minutes).
4. Serve family style with condiments, lightly toasted flatbread and Fable skewers laid out. Assemble kebab with a generous spoon of hummus on flatbread, pickled onions, squeeze of lemon and un-skewered Fable.
5. Enjoy and eat until your heart's content!
Discover the full Fable range here.