Recipe: Delicious Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies
Award winning chocolate brand, Original Beans are sharing the love this month. Not only are they 20% off throughout March, they have also created this outrageously moorish recipe for Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies using the Femmes de Virunga 55% chocolate bar.
If you haven't yet tried an Original Beans bar, you're missing out. "Our chocolates have won all the major taste awards and are a staple in top chefs’ kitchens around the world," explain their brand manager.
Plus, their "Bean Team" travel all round the world to select the highest quality, unique beans to you. Each chocolate bar has a story to tell.
But don't let us convince you, the only way to find out is to buy some Original Beans bars while they're on promotion... and maybe make these delicious Oatmeal Chocolate cookies!
Oatmeal Chocolate Cookies
Recipe for approximately 20 cookies
- 85g walnuts
- 50g chopped Original Beans Femmes de Virunga 55%
- 110g rolled oats
- 100g flour
- ½ tsp baking soda
- pinch of cinnamon
- pinch of salt
- Pulp from ½ vanilla bean
- 120g soft butter
- 125g brown sugar
- 1 egg
- Zest of one lemon and one orange
- Roughly chop the walnuts and Original Beans Femmes de Virunga 55%.
- Mix with oats in a bowl
- Place the flour, baking soda, cinnamon, salt and vanilla pulp in a second bowl and mix together.
- Beat butter, sugar and egg until fluffy.
- Fold in the flour mixture and slowly work into a dough.
- Now work in the nuts and chocolate, as well as the zest of lemon & orange (if you like, you can also use some juice)
- Wrap the dough in cling film and place in the fridge for about an hour.
- After cooling, form the dough into approx. 20-25 pieces (it is best to weigh the dough beforehand and then calculate it down.)
- Shape the pieces into balls and place on a baking sheet.
- Make sure they aren't too close together.
- Flatten a little and bake at about 170 degrees for 10-15 minutes until they get a golden brown colour.