Easy salads are the hero of summer eating and this one takes advantage of delicious Isle of Wight heritage tomatoes. With just five ingredients and three steps to chop, assemble and dress - it's a cinch!
This recipe employs the smacking acidity of red wine vinegar to bring out the sweetness of the British-grown tomatoes.
Serve alongside a roast, barbeque or your favourite vegetable grill.
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 400 g mixed heritage tomatoes
- A small handful of parsley, roughly chopped
- Salt + freshly ground black pepper
- Mix the shallot with the red wine vinegar and remaining olive oil and set aside.
- Roughly slice the tomatoes so you get lots of different shapes and sizes. Season with salt to draw out the flavour.
- Dress the sliced tomatoes with the shallot & vinegar mixture and sprinkle over the roughly chopped parsley