Creamy Carrot Soup with Bone Broth, Ginger & Turmeric
Make a double or even triple version of this soup every Sunday and freeze it in batches to enjoy hot or cold after a long day.
Remember to always heat on the hob to avoid the microwave destroying all The Bone Broth amino acids and nutrients.
1. The Bone Broth benefits body , mind and soul an is full of amino acids, collagen and gut healing gelatine.
2. Ginger: Ginger has been used for ages to reduce inflammation inside of the body. This is what you call healing form the inside out!
3. Turmeric has powerful antioxidant effects.
4. Coconut milk is easier to digest than any cow’s milk and is 100% dairy free. It uses 3 less enzymes to digest and aids in healing the digestive tract.
It can also help rectify damage done to the body in cases of IBS, Crohn’s disease or severe exhaustion and adrenal stress.
This soup is full of excellent fats and has no sugar, gluten or grains which can irritate the bowl and cause inflammation. The simple and easy to digest nature of this soup makes it a winner for serious cyclists focused on healing and recover as much as training.
Using The Bone Broth as a base, does all the hard work for you!
- 500ml Ossa The Bone Broth (either beef or chicken varietal) - Any 2 for £8
- 2 tablespoons organic coconut oil
- 2 chopped organic leaks
- 1 inch piece of ginger, peeled and grated
- 1/4 teaspoon of freshly ground cinnamon
- 1 inch piece of turmeric root, peeled and grated
- 1/2 a chopped organic red chilli
- 6 chopped organic carrots
- Freshly ground pepper
- Pink Himalayan salt
- 4 cups of filtered water
- 1/4 cup full fat organic coconut milk
Heat coconut oil to slowly cook the leaks, ginger and chilli. As the leaks soften add the carrots, salt, cinnamon and turmeric, constantly stirring the contents. Add the water and bring to the boil before reducing heat cooking the carrots until soft. Puree the soup.
Serve warm and stir in the coconut milk
Everything you should know about Ossa Bone Broth here
More recipe here