Ingredients for the hummus:
120g raw sunflower seeds, soaked overnight
1heaped tbs light tahini
2 tbs lemon juice
1/2 clove garlic
50ml extra virgin olive oil
1/2 tsp salt or to taste extra water if required
How to make the seed hummus:
1. Soak the sunflower seeds overnight. (Drain and rinse well)
2. Place in a food processor or blender, add all the other ingredients and pulse until desired consistency is achieved. Add a little water if necessary.
3. To assemble the sandwich, simply slice the bagel lengthwise, toast if you prefer a crunchier texture. On one side of the bagel, layer the lettuce, tomato and avocado.
4. On the other side, spread two heaped tablespoons of the sunflower seed hummus. Season with a little cracked pepper.
5. Bring the two halves together and enjoy!
Use for the Recipe: