Hummus & Watermelon Seed Dip
- 2 tsp of roasted Mello Watermelon Seeds
- 1 cup of chick-peas (ideally soaked overnight)
- ¼ cup of roasted sesame tahini
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 1 tsp of minced garlic
- ¾ teaspoon of salt
- 3 tbsp of lemon juice
- 2 basil leaves
1. Drain the chick-peas and add them to a large saucepan with water and bring to the boil.
2. Reduce the heat and simmer for one and a half hours until tender.
3. Drain the chick peas and put aside half a cup of the cooking liquid.
4. Add the chickpeas, tahini, oil, garlic, salt, lemon juice and cayenne pepper to a food processor.
5. Pulse until smooth and add the cooking liquid when needed to thin.
6. Once at the right consistency, adjust seasoning to taste with salt, lemon juice and cayenne. 7. Add to a bowl, create a dip in the middle with a spoon, drizzle with olive oil and sprinkle the Watermelon Seeds on top. Garnish with basil leaves & itâs ready to serve!