Peanut Curry with Natural Coconut Yog
1 tbsp coconut oil
½ large onion diced
2 large cloves of garlic minced
½ tbsp ginger finely grated
2 tbsp vegan Thai red curry paste
1 can of tomatoes
¼ cup peanut butter - crunchy is best
2 tbsp lime juice
500g sweet potato cut into 1-2cm cubes
1 cup chopped kale
½ cup fresh coriander
Extra chopped peanuts and fresh coriander for serving
- Melt coconut oil in a large frying pan or wok. Add in the onions and sauté over a medium heat until they are translucent
- Add garlic, ginger and red curry paste and cook for 5 minus until fragrant.
- Pour in tomatoes, water, coconut yoghurt, peanut butter, and lime juice. Stir until well combined, then bring up to a simmer.
- Add in the sweet potato and keep at a gentle simmer for about 25 minutes until the sweet potato is tender. Stir every 5-10 minutes to make sure it doesn’t stick.
- Once sweet potato is tender, add in the kale and coriander and cook for a further 5 minutes. Serve over a bed of rice and top with a generous handful of chopped peanuts and fresh coriander.