Recipe: Raspberry & Cherry Ripple Ice Cream
Cool down this summer with an indulgent Raspberry & Cherry ripple ice cream. An easy, refreshing recipe to get you through the heatwave.
This divine ice cream is ideal for a light dessert on a hot summer evening, or made for guests on the weekend. Vegan-friendly and heatwave-proof!
Here's how to make Raspberry & Cherry Ripple Ice Cream
Makes 1 litre tub of ice cream
Prep time - 25 minutes + freezing
- 175g raspberries, plus a handful to decorate
- 300g cherries, pitted, plus a handful to decorate
- 2 tablespoons caster sugar
- 1 lemon, zested
- 600ml double cream (to make this vegan, swap this for 500ml oat double cream)
- 1 x 210g tin coconut sweetened condensed milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla bean paste
- Add the raspberries to a small saucepan with 1 tablespoon caster sugar and 1 tablespoon water. Gently mash with the back of a spoon, bring to a boil and reduce to a simmer for 3-4 minutes until thickened and bubbling slowly. Pass through a sieve (to remove seeds) and set aside.
- Add the cherries, remaining caster sugar and another tablespoon of water to the same pan, and repeat the process - heating until thickened. Gently mash with the back of your spoon and set aside.
- Whip together the double cream, lemon zest, condensed milk and vanilla bean paste until you reach soft peaks.
- Add the raspberry puree and gently fold through.
- Heap a few tablespoons into a freezer safe container, then drizzle the cherry puree over. Repeat in layers - this will help you have big ripples of puree in the finished ice cream.
- Freeze for at least 4 hours and up to overnight. Keeps in the freezer for 2 months.
- Serve with a handful of fresh berries.