Salsa Verde Courgette & Broccoli Skewers
2 small red onions
2 mixed peppers
1 red chilli
50 g mixed soft green herbs (parsley, coriander, oregano, basil etc.)
1 garlic clove
3 tablespoons capers
1 tablespoon dijon mustard
2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
75 ml extra virgin olive oil
- Soak 10-12 wooden skewers in water. Cut all of the vegetables into bite sized pieces.
- Thread the vegetables onto the skewers.
- Preheat a BBQ or griddle pan.
- Grill the skewers on all sides for around 10 minutes until the vegetables have softened and charred.
- In the meantime, add half of the red chilli, the herbs, garlic, capers, mustard, red wine vinegar and olive oil to a small blender and whizz until smooth. Season to taste and add a splash of water if it seems too thick.
- When the vegetable skewers have cooked, coat them in the sauce and serve with an extra drizzle.
- Top with the remaining half chilli, sliced and some sprigs of herbs.