MAKES 320G TO FILL A SMALL KILNER JAR (6–8 PORTIONS)
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 100g quinoa fakes
- 100g whole buckwheat groats
- 50g pecans, roughly chopped
- 50g whole almonds
- 1 tbsp raw cacao powder
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp agave or coconut
- blossom syrup
- a generous pinch of
- Himalayan pink salt
- some chopped dates or dried fruit for more sweetness (optional)
1. Melt 1 tablespoon of the coconut oil in a heavy-bottomed saucepan (use your largest pan as the granola will crisp up more quickly).
2. Combine the remaining ingredients in a bowl and stir until incorporated.
3. Put half of the granola mixture into the saucepan and toast for 1–2 minutes until the nuts are nice and toasty and you start to smell that chocolaty, nut aroma.
4. Beware – once the colour starts to turn, the mixture can burn quite quickly, so keep an eye on it. Once it is nice and golden, transfer straight away to a baking tray to cool (this is quite an important step as the pan will be really hot and the mixture will keep cooking and burn if you leave it in there).
5. Toast the remaining half of the mixture with the remaining coconut oil and leave to cool and crisp up with the other half.