‘This recipe is a version of a recipe that has become a weeknight classic in my house. The sweet potato and tamarind come together to make a vibrant curry perfectly balanced between sweet and sour.’ – Anna Jones
- 2 tablespoons of garam masala
- 800g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1x 400g tin of good chopped tomatoes?
- 400ml Rude Health Cashew Drink?
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
From the store cupboard:
- 1 onion (red or white)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- coconut or groundnut oil.
- Brown rice or chapatis to serve
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Lemon wedges for squeezing
- Fresh coriander
- Toasted cashews
2. Next add the garam masala and cook for another couple of minutes. ?
3. Add the sweet potato, tinned tomatoes, cashew drink and the tamarind, together with a good pinch of salt, and allow this to simmer on a low heat for 20-30 minutes until the sweet potato is cooked and the sauce is rich and thick. ?
4. Taste and add more salt if needed and a little more tamarind if the curry needs more of its sour kick. ?
5. Divide between four bowls and serve with brown rice or chapatis and top with add ons above if you like. ?