‘This recipe is a version of a recipe that has become a weeknight classic in my house. The sweet potato and tamarind come together to make a vibrant curry perfectly balanced between sweet and sour.’ – Anna Jones
- 2 tablespoons of garam masala
- 800g sweet potato, peeled and cut into 2cm pieces
- 1x 400g tin of good chopped tomatoes
- 400ml Rude Health Cashew Drink
- 2 tablespoons tamarind paste
From the store cupboard:
- 1 onion (red or white)
- 2 cloves of garlic
- coconut or groundnut oil
- Brown rice or chapatis to serve
- Toasted coconut flakes
- Lemon wedges for squeezing
- Fresh coriander
- Toasted cashews
2. Next add the garam masala and cook for another couple of minutes.
3. Add the sweet potato, tinned tomatoes, cashew drink and the tamarind, together with a good pinch of salt, and allow this to simmer on a low heat for 20-30 minutes until the sweet potato is cooked and the sauce is rich and thick.
4. Taste and add more salt if needed and a little more tamarind if the curry needs more of its sour kick.
5. Divide between four bowls and serve with brown rice or chapatis and top with add ons above if you like.