Summer’s finally here and we want to spend our days eating ice-cream! This one’s got a chewy peanut layer, a smooth peanut butter nice-cream and is topped with chopped up Nugglets. This recipe is the perfect way to use up those bananas that have been in the fruit bowl a little bit too long. Simply chop them up and put them in the freezer ready to become a delicious peanut nice-cream.
100g pitted Medjool dates (10 dates)
30ml maple syrup (2 tbsp)
60g oat flour (1/2 cup)
40g roasted peanuts (1/4 cup)
A pinch of salt
Peanut butter nice-cream
250g peeled and frozen bananas (in pieces)
280g peanut butter (1 cup)
4 packets of your favourite Nugglets
1. To make the bottom layer: mix the dates and maple syrup into a paste using a food processor.
2. Add the oat flour, salt and peanuts and mix until the peanuts have broken down into small pieces and the mixture has formed a dough.
3. Place the dough in a lined tin (20cm x 10cm) and press it down until a smooth layer covers the base of the tin. Then, put the tin in the freezer while you make the nice-cream.
4. For the nice-cream: take out the banana from the freezer and leave it to defrost for 5 minutes.
5. Put the banana in the blender together with the peanut butter and blend until you have a smooth nice-cream (scrape down the sides if necessary while making it).
6. Get the tin from the freezer and pour your nice-cream on top.
7. Chop up the Nugglets and sprinkle them on top of the nice-cream until it’s completely covered. Leave to set in the freezer for 2 hours.
8. Take the ice-cream out of the freezer 5 minutes before serving and cut it up into slices and enjoy! Store in an airtight container for 3-5 days in the freezer.