- 40g buckwheat flour (can use brown rice/wholemeal/spelt flour instead depending on what you have but this may change the taste & texture so let me know how it goes if you give it a try)
- 10g oats
- 200ml almond milk (unsweetened)
- 1/2 small banana (the riper the better)
- 5g ground flax seed (this binds it together so don’t omit!)
- Optional but recommended: 1 tbsp macacha vanilla, maca & yerba mate blend
- Pinch sea salt
- Topping ideas: stewed berries, coconut yoghurt, cacao nibs, granola...
- Place all your ingredients (minus toppings) in a blender and blend on medium/high speed until fully combined. You want the oats to have disintegrated in the mix so that you have a thick, smooth consistency.
- Melt a tsp of coconut oil in a large non-stick pan over a medium/ high heat, and once the surface is hot pour half your mixture onto the pan in 4 separate areas so they don’t touch, forming your first 4 pancakes.
- Leave to cook for 3 or so minutes until small bubbles appear on the surface before flipping them and cooking for a further 2 minutes, until golden and cooked through.
- Repeat with the rest of your mixture, then plate up and top to suit your wildest dreams!