For the Salad
- 150g Biona Organic Spelt Buckwheat Noodles
- 150g vegetables to steam - broccoli, asparagus and green beans all work well, as do frozen peas or edamame beans
- Raw vegetables – we’ve used a pak choi, half a bulb of fennel, chopped spring onions, half a cucumber, half an avocado - but sub in whatever crunchy fresh vegetables you have in the fridge
- A handful or two of salad leaves, like watercress or baby spinach, lettuce or a salad mix
- A small handful of chopped nuts and seeds. Cashews, almonds and peanuts are great, and use any seeds you have available like poppy seeds, sesame seeds, pumpkin or sunflower seeds, chia seeds
- A good handful of coriander and mint, roughly chopped
- Fresh chilli, finely sliced
For the Dressing - (we’d recommend doubling it and saving some for tomorrow)
- 1 lime, zested and juiced
- 1 tbsp toasted sesame oil
- 2 tbsp Biona Organic Extra Virgin Olive Oil
- 1 small garlic clove, grated
- Thumb sized piece of ginger, grated or finely chopped
- 1 tsp Biona Organic Tamari Sauce
- A pinch of cayenne pepper or chilli flakes
- Sea salt and milled black pepper, to taste
- Cook the noodles in a pot of boiling water until tender. Err on the side of undercooked rather than over. Drain and rinse under cold water for 30 seconds. Once the water has drained off, toss in a little oil to stop the noodles sticking together.
- Steam the broccoli, green beans or asparagus for five minutes, leaving them with a bit of bite.
- Mix all of the dressing ingredients together in a bowl until well combined.
- Dress the salad leaves, the raw and steamed vegetables and the noodles together, than serve into bowls and top with the nuts, seeds and fresh herbs.