- 2-3 white baby potatoes
- 4 asparagus
- Handful of almond flakes
- Mint leaves
- 1/2 lemon
For the pesto:
- 60g spinach
- 60g basil
- 120g almonds
- 120ml olive oil
- Juice and zest of 1 lemon
- 1 garlic clove
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
1. Heat the oven to 180°C and line an oven tray with baking paper.
2. Place the potatoes in a pan and cover with cold water. Add half a teaspoon of salt and bring to a boil. Leave for 5 minutes then drain and rinse under cold water. This step allows the potatoes to cook evenly and ensures you get the best potato slices possible.
3. To make the pesto, put all ingredients into a blender, blitz and set aside. Check for seasoning and adjust if necessary.
4. Once the potatoes are cooled enough to touch, take a mandolin or sharp knife and slice the potatoes thinly length ways. Lightly and evenly brush both sides with a little olive oil, season well and lay out on the baking tray. Roast in the oven for 15-20 minutes until a few charring marks start to appear and the edges are slightly crisp.
5. While the potatoes are in the oven, prepare the asparagus by snapping off the woody ends and massage with a little olive oil. If they're thick spears, we recommend slicing down the middle before cooking to give a more manageable bite.
6. Lay the asparagus in a hot griddle pan going against the ridges, season with salt and pepper and leave for a few minutes. Turn them over and repeat until beautifully charred on both sides. You want there to still be a nice bite to them.
7. Take your Luna & Fennel pizza base and top with the pesto, then potato slices and lastly the asparagus. Pop in a pre-heated oven for five minutes to heat through and once cooked, finish with some fresh mint leaves, toasted almond flakes and a generous squeeze of lemon juice.