These flapjacks are quick and easy to make but don’t compromise on flavour. They’re ideal for a weekend baking activity with the kids, or to throw together quickly in the evening. The peanut butter and banana complement each other perfectly and will certainly give you the energy boost to get you through an afternoon slump!
2 ripe bananas (200g peeled)
185g smooth peanut butter (3/4 cup)
125ml maple syrup (1/2 cup)
265g oats (3 cup)
A pinch of salt
35g melted chocolate
• Makes 12 squares.
• Pre-heat the oven to 180 degrees Celsius/350 degrees Fahrenheit.
• Using a fork, mash the banana in a bowl and once smooth add the rest of the ingredients. Mix until everything is combined.
• Line a tin (24.5 cm x 17 cm) and pour in the combined mixture. Even out the surface and bake for 25 minutes.
• Leave to cool and cut into 12 squares.
• Melt your chocolate and drizzle it on top. Enjoy!
• Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 5 days.