Ingredients - serve 4
- ½ large celeriac, peeled
- 1 beetroot (beet), peeled
- 1 carrot, peeled
- 150 g (5½ oz) large radishes (approx 4–5)
- 4 large eggs
- 1 large handful chives, cut into 5 cm (2 in) batons
Creamy miso dressing
- ¼ cup (60 ml/2 fl oz) brown rice vinegar
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 tablespoon white (Shiro) miso paste
- 1 teaspoon tamari
- 2 cm (¾ in) knob of ginger, peeled and finely grated
- 1/3 cup (80 ml/2½ fl oz) light-flavoured extra-virgin
- olive oil
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
To make the creamy miso dressing, place the brown rice vinegar, egg yolk, miso paste, tamari and ginger in a medium bowl. Whisk to combine. Gradually pour in the olive and sesame oils, whisking continuously, until incorporated.
Using a mandoline, finely shred the celeriac, beetroot, carrot and radishes. Wash the mandoline between each vegetable to prevent the colours from bleeding. Alternatively coarsely grate using a hand-held grater.
Place the eggs in a small saucepan and cover with cold water. Simmer for 3 minutes. Transfer into a bowl of iced water for 2 minutes, to cool slightly. Peel the eggs.
Combine the shredded vegetables and chives in a large bowl and toss to combine. Add three-quarters of the dressing and toss to coat.
Serve the salad topped with the soft-boiled eggs and drizzled with the remaining dressing.