MAKES 12 FLAPACKS
- 1 tablespoon coconut oil
- 1 small red onion, finely chopped
- 1 red (bell) pepper, diced
- 2 courgettes (zucchini), grated
- 3 tablespoons Kalamata olives, pitted
- 2 eggs, lightly whisked
- 50ml (1¾fl oz/scant ¼ cup) olive oil
- 250g (9oz/2½ cups) gluten-free rolled oats or millet flakes
- 1½ teaspoons dried oregano
- 1 teaspoon sea salt
- ½ teaspoon freshly cracked black pepper
- 150g (5oz/1 cup) crumbled feta
Preheat the oven to 180°C fan/400°F/Gas 6. Line a 36 x 20cm (14 x 8in) square baking tin (pan) with baking paper (parchment paper). Place the coconut oil in a frying pan over a medium heat, add the onion and red pepper and sauté until soft. Add the courgettes and olives and cook for a further few minutes.
Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the eggs, olive oil, oats, oregano, salt and pepper. Using your hands, mix to combine, then transfer to the prepared tin.
Add the crumbled feta over the top of the mixture and, using your hands or a flat spatula, pat the mixture firmly down into the baking tin. Sprinkle with a little more dried oregano.
Bake in the oven for 35 minutes or until golden and cooked through. Allow to cool before cutting into 12 squares.