- 1 onion, roughly chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, roughly chopped
- 1 red or green chili, seeds removed, roughly chopped
- 6 carrots, roughly chopped
- 1 cup of cashew nuts
- 1 root of fresh turmeric, peeled and roughly chopped
- ½ tsp ground cumin
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 ltr fresh organic chicken stock
- Fresh coriander to serve
1) Heat a large pan and add the coconut oil. Once melted add the onion, garlic and chili and soften. Don’t brown or burn.
2) Then add the carrots and mix well together.
3) Season with ½ tsp sea salt and fresh black pepper.
4) Then add the cashew nuts, cumin and turmeric.
5) Pour over the stock, bring to the boil then reduce the heat and simmer for 8 minutes.
6) Turn the heat off and using a hand-held blender, blend until smooth.
7) Sprinkle fresh coriander over the top when serving.