- 120g pumpkin seeds
- 50g desiccated coconut
- 50g sesame seeds
- 80g ground flax seeds
- 50g protein powder
- 40g chia seeds
- 45g goji berries
- 250g pitted dates
- 140g coconut oil
- 75ml honey/maple syrup/agave syrup
- 4 tablespoons cacao powder
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1. Put the dates into a bowl and cover them with boiling water. You could also soak them in hot mint tea if you like, to add another depth of flavour.
2. Pulse all the dry ingredients in a food processor for about 30 seconds. You still want a bit of bite to them. Place the dry mixture in a bowl and set aside.
3. Drain the dates, then put into the food processor together with the rest of the wet ingredients and mix until smooth. This might take some time, and you may have to scrape down the sides and/or add a few tablespoons of water. It should be the texture of sticky dark caramel.
4. Pour the wet ingredients into the bowl of dry ingredients and stir until well combined.
5. Spread the mix evenly in a 30cm x 18cm flapjack tray lined with baking parchment and place in the fridge for 30 minutes. Then cut into bars and store in an airtight container.