This plant-based red curry from our friends at Tiba Tempeh is rich and creamy from the coconut milk and peanut butter, and brought to life with aromatic spices.
Serves two, ready in half an hour.
1 tbsp of coconut oil
3 shallots, finely chopped
2 garlic cloves, crushed
A thumb size piece of ginger, finely grated
2 tbsp Thai red curry paste
Tiba Tempeh Curry Pieces 200g
1/2 can chopped tomatoes
1/2 can of full fat coconut milk
150gr baby spinach or chopped kale
2 tbsp smooth peanut butter
Salt to taste
Brown or white steamed rice
Roughly chopped roasted peanuts
A handful of coriander
A wedge of lime
1. Add the coconut oil to a large pan and place on a medium heat. Add the chopped shallots, garlic and ginger. Stir-fry for 4-5 minutes until the shallots start to brown.
2. Add the curry paste and give it a good stir, then add the Tiba Curry Pieces and stir-fry for 3 minutes.
3. Add the chopped tomatoes and 1 cup of water. Turn down to a gentle simmer and cook for 10 minutes.
4. Add the coconut milk and peanut butter, mix everything together, put the lid on and cook for a further 10 minutes until you have a creamy sauce.
5. Add the baby spinach or chopped kale, stir everything one last time and simmer for 1 more minute or until the greens have wilted. Season to taste with salt.
6. Serve the curry with basmati rice, chopped salted peanuts, fresh coriander and a squeeze of lime.