Kale is the queen of greens, containing more calcium than milk and mor iron than beef per kilojoule. A great detoxifier, kale is filled with fibre and sulphur- vital for a healthy liver and digestive system. Add to that a healthy dose of omega-3s and kale becomes the ultimate anti-inflammatory supercharged ingredient.
- 3 cups thinly sliced kale
- ½ cabbage, thinly sliced
- 1 red pepper, thinly sliced
- 1 small carrot, grated
- Parsley to serve
- 120g raw cashews
- 40g sesame seeds
- 1 tablespoon freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 2 ½ tablespoons apple cider vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sugar-free mustard
Place all the dressing ingredients in a food processor with a generous splash of
filtered water and blend until smooth.
Place the slaw ingredients in a bowl, stir through the dressing and serve.