- 25g butter or coconut oil
- 3 large ripe bananas
- 3 large eggs
- 1 tbsp date syrup
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp bicarbonate of soda
- 220g ground almonds
- 25g flax seeds + 1 tbsp for decoration
- 70g cacao nibs or dark chocolate chips (optional)
1. Greece and line a loaf tin. Pre-heat the oven to 170 degrees Celsius.
2. Melt the butter and allow to cool slightly.
3.Mash the bananas thoroughly. Add the butter, date syrup, cinnamon, vanilla, eggs, bicarbonate of soda and lemon juice. Mix thoroughly.
4. Add in remaining ingredients and mix.
5. Pour into the loaf tin, sprinkle on remaining flax seeds and bake for 60-70 minutes, until an inserted skewer comes out clean. Check after half an hour and if it has browned then cover with baking parchment for the remaining time.
Serve warm or at room temperature. Store your bread covered in the fridge or slice and freeze.