Of course, the more raw food you eat, the better you will feel, and the longer you eat this way the more abundant and prolonged the benefits. For anyone who is serious about creating and sustaining a high level of health and vitality for the long term, raw food (also known as “living” food) absolutely has to be part of that equation.
Tantalise your taste buds with this delicious recipe that will banish the idea that raw food is just a bunch of carrots.
A Food Dehydrator
1 cup hazelnuts, soaked overnight
1 cup walnuts, soaked overnight
1/2 cup cashews, soaked overnight
1/2 cup cacao powder
10 medjool dates, soaked in 1/2 cup water (keep the water)
3 tbsp maple syrup
1/3 tsp Himalayan salt
- Pour out the soaking water from the nuts, rinse them and transfer to a food processor with an S blade
- Process the nuts to a chunky consistency, resembling rice
- Add the remaining ingredients, including 1/2 cup of water which the dates were soaking in, process until well combined
- Scoop out spoonfulls of mixture onto a teflex sheet of your dehydrator and press them gently into pancakes
- Transfer the full tray to a dehydrator and set it to 115 degrees F for 10 hours
- Carefully twist each cookie to disattach it from teflex sheet and transfer them onto a mesh tray
- Return to the dehydrator for another 5 hours
Don't pour the nut soaking water down the drain- feed it to your house plants and growing herbs instead. They absolutely thrive on it.
Visit Tanya Maher website