- 1 tbsp coconut oil
- 1 cup/6½oz/185g quinoa, cooked
- 1 cup/5oz/140g almonds, chopped
- 1 cup/5½oz/150g dried cherries, chopped
- ½ cup/2oz/55g goji berries
- 2 tbsp brown rice syrup
- ½ cup/4fl oz/125ml water
1. Preheat the oven to 425°F/220°C/gas mark 7 and grease an 8×8×1in (20×20×2.5cm) square bake pan (cake tin) with a light layer of coconut oil.
2. On a separate baking tray, spread the quinoa and almonds and place in a preheated oven for 10 minutes. When the mixture is toasted, remove the tray from the oven and reduce the heat to 350°F/180°C/gas mark 4.
3. Place the cherries, goji berries, brown rice syrup and water into a food processor and blitz for 1–2 minutes, or until smooth. Transfer to a large mixing bowl and add the toasted almonds and quinoa. Stir well to combine.
4. Spoon the mixture into the bake pan and press down firmly with the back of a spoon. Ensure the mixture covers the bottom of the pan evenly. Then place in a preheated oven and bake for 20 minutes.
5. Once cooked, cut the mixture into bars before turning out onto a wire rack to cool. These bars will keep fresh in an airtight container for up to five days.