- 85g roasted sweet potato (125g raw sweet potato, roasted whole)
- 65g oats
- 35g carrots, grated
- 100ml almond or other plant milk
- ½ tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut oil
- 1 tbsp agave syrup (optional)
- blueberries, sliced
- ground cinnamon
- agave syrup, to garnish
1. Mash the flesh of the roasted sweet potato with a fork.
2. In a saucepan, add the sweet potato mash, oats, grated carrots, almond milk, cinnamon and 275ml water and cook over a medium to high heat for 4 minutes.
3. Stir in the coconut oil and serve for a warming breakfast.
4. The porridge is naturally quite sweet, but if you would like that extra little edge of sweetness, add the agave syrup (date or coconut blossom syrup would also be delicious).
5. Garnish with blueberries, a dusting of cinnamon and agave if you wish.
© Natasha Corrett. Recipe taken from HONESTLY HEALTHY IN A HURRY published by Hodder & Stoughton £25