- 1 medium onion, roughly chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, roughly chopped
- 1 red chilli, deseeded and roughly chopped
- 1 teaspoon sumac
- 1/2 tablespoon coconut oil
- 400g sweet potatoes, peeled and roughly chopped into 2cm cubes
- 3–4 vine tomatoes (approx. 300g), roughly chopped
- 850ml chicken or vegetable stock
- 11/2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- small bunch of fresh coriander leaves
- 30g roasted salted peanuts, roughly chopped
- seeds from 1/2 pomegranate
- a few pinches of sumac
- 1 lime, cut into 4 wedges
1. Sauté the onion, garlic, chilli and sumac in the coconut oil and 1 tablespoon of water until soft and translucent – about 5 minutes.
2. Add the sweet potatoes, tomatoes and stock, bring to the boil and then simmer with the lid on for about 20 minutes, until the potatoes are tender. Leave to cool a little before adding the pomegranate molasses.
3. Blend until silky smooth and season.
4. Garnish with the coriander, chopped peanuts, pomegranate seeds, sumac and wedge of lime.