Commis Chef, Westbourne Grove Central Kitchen
Pay: £7 per hour
Benefits include: 28 days’ holiday, 25% discount on all products, company contributions to the pension scheme, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme and store incentives.
You will be working in a busy central production kitchen where fresh organic food is prepared every day and distributed to our stores. You will need to have high standards and work well as part of a team. Your responsibilities will include:
- Ensuring that food made the in Westbourne Grove central kitchen is heated to the correct temperature
- Preparation of salads
- Cooking of rice and broccoli
- Ensuring the production of all the hot food
Planet Organic was established in 1995 and we currently have 6 stores in London with 250 employees. We sell only the freshest, healthiest and most delicious organic/natural food that customers can find, as well as the finest organic skincare, books, juices and take away food.
Each item in every store has been hand-picked and carefully chosen. We think long and hard about what’s in our products, how they've been grown and how far they travel so that our customers don’t have to. It’s not just about hard work: we love what we do.
We work to our five values which are:
• We promote healthy living in the community
• We provide organic and natural food that you can trust
• We create a shopping experience that’s fun, educational and rewarding
• We conduct our business in a fair, honest and responsible way
• We respect our employees, customers and suppliers
Part of our recruitment criteria is that candidates apply with a CV and a covering letter detailing:
- Why you would like to join Planet Organic
- What interests you about this position
- How your skills and service personality make you suitable for the role