Protein-Packed Vegan Burrito Bowl
Profusion’s Protein Mince is made from just two ingredients (fava bean protein and pea protein) and provides over 50g of protein per 100g serving. Enjoy this 100% vegan and organic meat-free burrito bowl for an easy high-protein meal.
Ingredients for two bowls:
- 2 red bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 15g of Amazin Taco Seasoning, or your own Mexican spice blend
- 200g rice, cooked according to packet instructions
- 1 avocado
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground black pepper
- Sweet corn
- Chopped romaine lettuce
- Chopped coriander
- Lime wedges
- Cook the brown rice according to directions and set aside.
- Empty half a packet of protein mince with 500ml of water and let rehydrate for 10 minutes.
- Heat a frying pan to a medium heat on the hob and add a splash of olive oil. Add the thinly sliced peppers and cook until soft. Remove the peppers from the pan and set aside. Add more oil if needed, and cook the Profusion Protein Mince with Mexican seasoning.
- Make the green rice: Smash avocado as if making guacamole. Add the cooked rice and mix together until the rice and avocado are fully combined.
- Assembly: Place a generous spoonful of the green rice on the bottom of the bowl. Top with the peppers, Profusion Protein Mince, sweetcorn, fresh salsa, chopped romaine lettuce, and some extra coriander and lime wedges.