Our Online Order Packaging
We choose organic and natural products because we believe they are the most sustainable option, so when we chose our online order packaging, we applied the same principals to ensure we’re doing the best we can for the planet.
What we use:
When you order from us online, the type of packaging we use will depend on what products are in your order and whether any of them require refrigeration.
- Cardboard boxes, made from forestry commission certified paper - FSC® certified paper
- Coiled brown paper, made from recycled materials
- Honeycomb paper for fragile products, made from sustainable FSC® certified paper
- Paper tape with Arabic gum glue
- Home compostable zip lock bags, for items containing liquids to protect from spillages, made from TUV certified home-compostable polymer
- For orders including chilled items, we use icepacks that are 100% natural and recyclable, made from plastic-free materials that cools up to 80% longer than traditional icepacks
How to dispose of our packaging:
- All cardboard, coiled and honeycomb paper, fanned paper insulation pads and paper tape can be recycled in your council-collected recycling bin
- Zip lock bags can be deflated and popped in your food waste or garden waste bin, if you have one. If you don’t, put them in your normal rubbish bin as they’ll also decompose in landfill
- Ice packs can be frozen again and reused to keep your lunches, picnics or drinks cool. Or, if you don’t need them, you can puncture the packaging and rinse the natural plant-based gel out with water in the sink or simply empty in your garden or green container. The paper exterior can be recycled in your council-collected recycling bin.