has recently brought out a range of adaptogenic granolas, exclusively at Planet Organic, where each flavour (BOOST / CHILL / HAPPY / BEAUTY) integrates a variety of functional ingredients, from everyday fruits, seeds and nuts, through to more exotic Ayurvedic or eastern mushrooms and herbs. This delicious PBJ açaí bowl recipe is a signature dish at the Raw Press cafe, and which pairs perfectly with their rose, raspberry and rhodiola rose BEAUTY granola.
- One 100g sachet of açaí sorbet
- 1 frozen banana
- 1 cheek (roughly 75g) of frozen or fresh mango
- A small handful of raspberries (say, 3-5 raspberries)
- 1 tbsp of peanut butter
- Another small handful of berries to your personal taste
- Berry chia jam (see below)
- 1 further tbsp peanut butter
BERRY CHIA JAM:
- One punnet of berries (125g)
- 25g chia seeds
BLUEBERRY WAFFLE (makes 2 waffles):
- 150ml almond milk
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 1 tsp cider vinegar
- a drop of vanilla essence
- 100g buckwheat flour
- 20g ground almond
- 15g blueberries
- 2g baking powder
- 2g chia seeds
- 1g cinnamon
- 1g sea salt
- 1g cornflour
- 5g aquafaba (whisked chickpea water - optional)
- For the waffles, separately combine the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients, other than the blueberries, and then slowly add the wet ingredients to the dry, mixing in as you go, until you have a smooth batter.
- Add in the blueberries, and for a lighter texture, whisk up some chickpea water until it forms soft white peaks, and fold this in; chickpea water (otherwise known as ‘aquafaba’) is a great and innovative vegan alternative to whisked egg whites.
- Cook in a waffle maker until dry and light brown. For ‘toasts’ to go with your PBJ bowl, cut a quarter or a half of a cooked waffle through the centre (to create thin pieces like Melba toasts) and then toast until crisp!
- For the açaí bowl, blend all ingredients together in a blender or with a stick blender.
- Top with the granola, berries, a couple of wedges of the blueberry waffle toast, and finally decorate with alternate drizzles of nut butter and your chia jam.
The perfect breakfast bowl for all PBJ addicts!!