Vegan Chocolate Brownies
- 200g Vegan Chocolate
- 170g self-raising flour
- 3 heaped teaspoons cocoa powder
- 180g golden caster sugar
- Pinch of Sea salt
- 5 tablespoons sunflower oil, plus extra for greasing
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 230 ml unsweetened soya or almond milk
- 200g pecan nuts chopped
- 50g cacao nibs raw or roasted
1. Preheat your oven to 180ºC/350ºF/gas 4. Line a 20cm square (roughly) baking tin with greaseproof paper, use a little bit of oil in the tin before putting the paper in so it sticks neatly.
2. Place a heatproof bowl over a pan of simmering water, making sure the base doesn’t touch the water.
3. Break 150g of chocolate into the bowl and allow it to melt, then set aside to cool slightly.
4. Sieve the flour and cocoa powder into a large bowl, then stir in the sugar and a good pinch of salt.
5. Stir in the oil, substitute milk, vanilla extract and melted chocolate until combined.
6. Roughly chop and stir in the remaining chocolate and most of the pecans, saving some to make the top look pretty. Pour the mixture into the prepared tin, spreading it out evenly. Sprinkle over the remaining pecans, then place into the oven for 20-25 minutes. Leave to cool for around 5 minutes, turn out onto a wire cooling rack.