Vegan Protein Tiramisu
2 vegan vanilla sheet cakes (see recipe below)
135g raw cashews
110ml Planet Organic Almond Drink
500g (1 can) rich, thick coconut cream - chilled
3 tablespoons agave/maple syrup
1 teaspoon vanilla extract
1 tablespoon cocoa powder
4 shots/120ml espresso (or condensed instant coffee if you don’t have access to a coffee machine)
2 tablespoons Kahlua or other coffee liqueur
Vegan Vanilla Sheet Cakes
200g plain flour (or gluten free alternative)
100g Form Performance Protein - Tiramisu flavour
¾ teaspoon salt
360ml Planet Organic Unsweetened Almond Drink
3 teaspoons vanilla extract
120ml olive oil
1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar
First, make your sheet cake:
- Preheat oven to 180C
- Grease a large baking tray about 2” deep with plant based spread or olive oil – lightly flour and leave to one side.
- Sift flour and protein mix into a mixing bowl. Add the remaining dry ingredients and stir.
- Next, combine the liquid ingredients and add this to your dry mixture.
- Stir until smooth with no remaining large lumps. Pour batter into pan, taking care to ensure mix is evenly distributed.
- Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes until a knife can be inserted and come out clean.
- Leave to cool.
Then turn into an indulgent protein-rich dessert:
- Take your sheets of protein vanilla cake and cut into approximately 40 slices (20 per sheet), 1” wide.
- In a jug, add the espresso/instant coffee and stir in the Kahlua and water until you reach around 70ml. Put to one side.
- Place the cashews in a pot filled with boiling water and simmer for about 8-10 minutes - cashews are ready when soft.
- In a blender, combine cashews, almond milk, agave/maple syrup and vanilla extract. Blend until you reach a smooth, thick ‘milkshake’ consistency.
- Ensure the coconut cream is chilled enough to harden, draining any remaining water from the can. Add to a mixing bowl and beat until light and fluffy.
- Slowly pour in the cashew mix and fold until fully combined - place in fridge.
- In a large rectangle dish, snugly fit in half of the cake slices so there are no gaps.
- Drizzle a fair amount of the coffee mixture and spread half of the coconut cream.
- Repeat until all your sheetcake has been used up.
- Sift cocoa powder over the top and place in fridge to chill overnight.
- Serve and enjoy!