Rebel Kitchen’s Top 3 Milk Swap Recipes
Food and drink shouldn’t cost the earth and Rebel Kitchen believe that we deserve better choices. That’s why they create sustainable, plant-based alternatives that not only do good, but taste good too.
Have a go at their favourite breakfast recipes and enjoy a plant-based twist:
Rebel Vegan Pancakes
- 2 & ½ cups (200g) rolled oats
- 1 cup (230ml) Semi-Skimmed Mylk®
- ¼ cup (50ml) coconut sugar/ agave/ maple
- 1 banana
- 2 tbsp coconut oil
1. Blend the oats in the blender to grind them
2. Add the rest of the ingredients and blend until smooth.
- Generously coat frying pan with non-stick spray or oil.
- Ladle a spoonful of batter onto pan and cook, filliping halfway like a professional.
- Serve with your favourite toppings, fruit, more maple etc.
Rebel Gingerbread Quinoa Porridge
- 1 cup (160g) of quinoa
- 2 cups (480ml) water
- 1tsp ground cinnamon
- ½ tsp ground ginger
- ½ tsp all spice
- 1/8tsp ground nutmeg
- a pinch of salt
- 2 cups (480ml) Whole Mylk®
- 1 tbsp maple syrup
- Rinse the quinoa under running cold water.
- Place the quinoa in a medium sized pot together with the water and bring to the boil over a medium heat.
- Reduce the heat to low and cook the quinoa until it's soft, around 10 minutes. Stir occasionally if necessary. (NOTE: If all the water has evaporated and the quinoa isn't cooked yet, please add a tiny bit more water and reduce the heat further)
- Whilst the quinoa is cooking, mix the cinnamon, ginger, all spice, ground nutmeg and salt together and set aside.
- Once the quinoa is cooked, add the Whole Mylk® to the pot together with the spice mixture and the maple syrup and stir until the quinoa is nice and creamy, around 5 minutes.
- Serve hot and garnish with seasonal fruit such as apple or pear slices, pomegranate seeds or figs and top with a tiny drizzle of more maple syrup if you wish.
Rebel Beet & Raspberry Smoothie Bowl
- 100ml coconut water
- 1 frozen banana
- ½ cup frozen raspberries
- ½ beetroot
- 1 tsp ground cinnamon
- 1 tbsp acai (optional)
- Add all the ingredients to a blender and blitz until creamy.
- Top with your favourite granola and topping mix.
Rebel Kitchen are proudly 100% organic and GMO Free, Carbon Neutral, B Corp Certified and commit 1% of their net revenue to good causes around the world. Rebel Mylk® is a blend of plants that tastes like dairy milk, available in whole and semi-skimmed versions just like normal dairy milk. Rebel have also created a Barista Mylk® which is specifically made for coffee. You can enjoy their Mylk Shakes® for a deliciously indulgent but healthy pick me up, as well as their raw, organic Coconut Water which is pink in colour, due to the rich antioxidants it contains.