Planet Organic Keto Bars
Over the past year, we have been working hard behind the scenes to develop an innovative new range of Planet Organic products. We launched the world’s first organic, vegan keto snack bars in home compostable packaging in August.
With less than 6g of carbs and 2g of sugar per 40g bar, our new bars hit the sweet-spot without causing a spike in blood-sugar levels, making them a perfect afternoon snack for everyone, not just those following a keto or low-carb diet.
Available in two delicious flavours: Bourbon Vanilla and Hazelnut & Cocoa.
Planet Organic Bourbon Vanilla Keto Bar 40g
Planet Organic Hazelnut & Cocoa Keto Bar 40g
What is a Keto Diet?
A keto diet is a low-carb, high fat and moderate protein diet. When carbohydrates are restricted, the body is forced to use fat as fuel, instead of glucose. This process whereby the body converts to burning fat for energy is known as ketosis. There are many variations of the ketogenic diet. Although only the standard and high-protein ketogenic diets have substantial research.
• Standard ketogenic diet: 75% fat, 20% protein and 5% carbs
• High-protein ketogenic diet: 60% fat, 35% protein and 5% carbs.
How Does the Body Utilise Energy from Fat on a Keto Diet?
After you consume a high-fat food, for example, avocado your digestive system will break down the avocado (fat) into fatty acids. Then the fatty acids are absorbed into the bloodstream. Fatty acids are absorbed straight into our cells. Which means they do not require insulin to enter our cells as glucose does. Fatty acids can also be transported to the liver where they are converted into ketones, the essential fuel for human brain cells. Thus, ketogenic diets can cause massive reductions in blood sugar (glucose) and insulin levels.
What Happens to Your Body When You Are in Ketosis?
- Reduced insulin levels
- Reduced blood-glucose (sugar)
- Increased fat breakdown
- Increased ketone production
Try this Keto dessert with our delicious Keto friendly Hazelnut Praline Truffles:
Keto Chocolate Mousse:
Total time: 5 minutes
- Flesh of 2 ripe avocados (240g)
- ¼ cup raw cacao powder
- 3-4 Tbsp Planet Organic Unsweetened Almond Milk
- ½ tsp pure vanilla extract
- 1 Tbsp erythritol
- Planet Organic Hazelnut Truffles
- Combine all ingredients in a blender or food processor until completely smooth.
- Add more milk if too thick.
- Pour it into cups, and top it with our Hazelnut Praline Truffles.