Moroccan Romanesco Tray Bake
1 Romanesco cauliflower
1 Head of fennel
1 Red onion
2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
1 Tablespoon ground cumin
200g Cherry tomatoes
1 tin/jar of Chickpeas, drained
2 tablespoons Harissa paste
100 g Pitted green olives
A small handful of parsley, finely chopped
- Preheat the oven to 200°C.
- Break the romanesco down into florets, saving the core for another recipe. Cut the fennel and red onion into thin wedges (approx. 8 wedges).
- Toss the romanesco, fennel and red onion with the olive oil and ground cumin.
- Quarter the lemon, squeeze the juice over the vegetables and add the rinds in to a large roasting tray - ideally large enough so that everything is in one layer.
- Roast for 25 minutes until the romanesco is beginning to brown, then add the cherry tomatoes, drained chickpeas, harissa paste and olives. Roast for a further 15 minutes.
- Remove from the oven, season generously and scatter with finely chopped parsley.